1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 and 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Make the topping by tossing 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the softened butter for on medium speed. Add the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 different parts, with mixer on low speen.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of dough at a time and roll into balls. Roll the dough balls into the cinnamon-sugar topping. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.